TrendSetter Premium Super Heat Pipe Solar Thermal Collector
The TRENDSETTER® solar collector has been designed to be suitable for a wide range of system configurations including open loop, closed loop, drain back and even thermosyphon when coupled with a suitable tank. Collectors may be installed in banks of up to 10 collectors in series (300 tubes maximum) and unlimited parallel connected banks. Collectors can be used for both domestic and commercial applications.
The TRENDSETTER® premium collector is a thermal solar collector that uses twin glass evacuated tubes as the solar absorber. Copper heat pipes are used to transfer the heat from within the evacuated tube to a heat transfer manifold, with metal fins positioned within the evacuated tube to aid heat transfer and hold the heat pipes firmly in place.
The heat transfer manifold consists of a copper header pipe through which heat transfer liquid (water or water-glycol mix) is circulated. The header is designed with dry contact ports into which the heat pipes plug, allowing efficient heat transfer. There is no water inside the evacuated tubes and no direct contact between the heat pipes and the heat transfer liquid, as such the system is suitable for mains pressure.
The manifold and tubes are attached to a stainless steel mounting frame, which can be mounted directly on a roof of suitable pitch. Frame kits are also available which allow mounting on flat roofs, walls or low-pitched roofs. By using commercially available frame kits, pole mounting is also possible.
- Solar Water Heating and Space Heating
- Domestic and commercial use
- Suitable for open or closed Loop (glycol-water)
- Can be configured for drain-back (end ports)
- Suitable for mains pressure (<800kPa)
- Suitable for potable water
- Needs only slow water circulation (0.1L/tube/min)
- Not suitable for chlorinated water (pool/spa) in open flow format
- Ideal for commercial heating applications
- Caravan Parks, Hotels, Schools, Public Showers/Kitchens
- Restaurants [dish washing]
- Industrial heating [supplement gas heating]
- Absorption/Adsorption Chilling
- Max of 10 x TS-30 per bank (max 300 collectors in series), unlimited banks running in parallel
- Can run all in parallel with feed and return lines
- Installation on almost any wall or roof surface
- Reliable, efficient, twin-glass evacuated tubes
- Copper heat pipes for rapid heat transfer
- High efficiency - long term performance
- Light-weight - easy to transport
- Attractive design
- Reliability and long life
- Significant advantages over flat plate
- Easy plug-in installation - Installer friendly frame design
- Maintenance Free
- Suitable for mains pressure water (up to 8 bar/116psi)
- Stable solar conversion throughout the day (tubes passively track the sun)
Saves You Money - Tax Credits are available at a 30% credit for up to $2,000 for the purchase and installation of solar electric and solar water heating systems.
Low Maintenance - Operating costs are low because solar electricity needs very little maintenance, very few spare parts, and no fuel.
Non-polluting Renewable Energy - You will be part of the solution, and will reduce your "carbon footprint". Sollar collectors reduce CO2 emissions by more than 9000 tonnes annually and unlike limited resources such as nuclear energy and fossil fuels, the sun will always be around and available for use.