Grid-Tie w/ Battery Backup (GTB)
All the equipment needed for a successful NEC compliant installation is included in the package. Featuring Outback inverters, Grid-Tie Battery Systems are quiet and operate automatically using solar electric technology. As the sun rises, the solar array begins to deliver power to an AC sub panel and also stores energy in the battery bank. The power you don’t use is sent into the utility grid; spinning your meter backwards* and lowering your electric bill.
During power outages, the solar array provides power for daytime loads and the batteries provide power for nighttime loads. GTB systems provide security and safety for your family during periods of extended power emergencies. On-site installation can be completed within a few days. All electrical components are listed for safety to UL specifications or are UL recognized products. SunWize supplies the appropriate NEC compliant installation diagrams.
GTB systems include
- SunWize Solar Modules
- UniRac® SolarMount™ roof support structure
- OutBack Inverter Power System
- OutBack PSPV Combiner
- Concorde Sun-Xtender® Batteries
- Complete Documentation and owner's manual
- Optional kWh Electric Meter – displays net power produced by your system
GTB packages offer SunWize modules and high-quality system components to provide reliable power. A separate system can be installed for each critical subpanel.
In addition to solar modules and batteries, each GTB package includes a pre-assembled and factory tested OutBack inverter system with AC/DC disconnects and PV-GFP, an OutBack PSPV combiner, a UniRac SolarMount support structure, MC cables, and an outdoor battery enclosure. The installer provides the common AC wiring. All GTB packages include complete documentation, an installation guide and owner’s manual. An optional, utility-grade kWh meter is also available.
- SunWize modules carry a 25-year warranty on power output
- The inverters carry a 5-year warranty
- Concorde batteries have a 1-year warranty
- Generate your own electricity and reduce your electric bill
- Provide backup power for critical loads during utility power outages
- Increase the value of your home
- Protect against future rate increases
- Reduce the burning of fossil fuels contributing to a healthier environment
- Save money on your system purchase with state rebates and incentives